A Home To Keep: DIY! Easy Valentine Canvas Painted Gifts
"The Lord holds the threads of friendship. He'll weave them into something beautiful."
Here are some fun canvas crafts to make for those you love!
5 x 7 canvas
Heart stencil, I used a cookie cutter
Aleene's Tacky Glue
Paints, I like to use acrylic, all purpose, water-based paints. (For this craft I used - Craftsmart - Light pink, pink chiffon, light orange. Folkart - magenta, conch shell.)
Cup of water
Embellishments - craft pom poms, buttons, glitter
Tip: A blow dryer comes in handy to speed up the drying time.
1. Cover your work space. For a small project I will often use wax paper.
2. Set out a cup with water and a paper towel.
3. Place 2-4 paints on a paper plate.
4. Using the picture as a guide paint your canvas with one color, clean your brush, blow dry for 30-60 seconds. Repeating with all your colors.
5. Once your painting strokes have dried completely using your stencil, draw your heart in the center of your canvas.
6. Apply glue to penciled heart and the area you want covered.
7. Arrange your pom poms, buttons or glitter. Let dry.